Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Creating Templates for Padlet

Padlet is one of my "go to" applications for beginning or end of class activities. Since it is device agnostic, it is perfect for a BYOD classroom. In situations where tech is not 1:1, which is my usual day, I have students use the BYOD as small groups.

To make things easier to incorporate Padlet, I've created templates for Padlets. Now when I want students to work on a KWL, Venn Diagram, or similar graphic organizer I have them already set up and ready to go. I just make a copy of the original for my class and share out with QR code or shortened URL (I prefer Bit.ly solely because I love having a puffer fish up on my task bar!) 

How to create Padlet Templates to Facilitate Do Now. Closure Activities:
Step 1: Create Template
I use PowerPoint because I like the SmartArt Feature, but you can use anything that will save as a JPEG.

Step 2: Save as a JPEG

Step 3: Create a Padlet. Click on the clog in the upper right hand corner to modify. Scroll down to Wallpaper and select "MORE"

Step 4: Select your JPEG by clicking on "ADD YOUR OWN", "UPLOAD", and then either drop your image in or "CHOOSE FILE" and confirm.

Step 5:  After saving changes you should be able to see if you need to adjust your original image to fit the screen how you want. Repeat steps 1-4 until you have the desired look.


Then each time you want to use the chart, Venn Diagram, or similar template, just make a copy and rename with the specifics of the lesson. For example, KWL's copy becomes "KWL - Holocaust".

4 comments:

  1. do you have any padlets already created? I would love a bunch already done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this idea--it has opened up so many new possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this tip. Do you usually pic Scatter for type of Padlet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a video on how the templates would work with the different types of padlets? I'm not really seeing how this works with that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete