Saturday, March 4, 2017

Universal Theme Collage

After students come up with a theme (see video of strategy here), I like to hit home the universality
of what a theme should be. What better way to have students realize that theme is true across time and space than to apply the theme to the past and across the world. I have my students use online research  (DE Streaming) to find a historical example of the theme being true and then a current event example (using Gale) to find it true in another place. Using those and text evidence along with a pic collage app, students make a visually stunning study of the theme and learn a little bit more about the world they live in. The instructions for this is in my shop.

2 comments:

  1. Could you please add a 'follow' button to your sidebar so readers can subscribe to your blog for new posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this in your TPT? I can not find it.

    ReplyDelete